Contact Info / Websites
As with most of my music, “Status Quo Radio” started from a very nerdy place: the video game Team Fortress 2. Each song would be about each different class, and a different style of song. However in the process of writing it (I started in 2010 when I first posted one of the songs to NewGrounds’s Audio Portal), it changed from a simple songwriting challenge to a concept album with it’s own story and background.
The 12 tracks listed below, along with the original TF2 class for the songs inspiration:
1. Status Quo Radio
2. Enlist Today! (Soldier)
3. Force Of Nature (Scout)
4. Pyrotechnicality II (Pyro)
5. Radio Days Pt. 1 (Engineer)
6. Radio Days Pt. 2 (Engineer)
7. Away From The Ruins (Demoman)
8. Tower Siege (Heavy)
9. Bad Doctors (Medic)
10. BOOM! HEADSHOT! (Sniper)
11. Paper Hearts (Spy)
12. Bastard’s Reunion
From this framework grew a rock opera about love, betrayal, and excessive amounts of violence in the 1960’s era-Southwest. The music on Status Quo Radio is as diverse as the 9 different classes, going from punk to folk to classic rock and metal.
This blog could use a good updating...
I'll start uploading a couple of my latest tracks on here, how does that sound?
1. 26 and by the time you read this, I'll be in Orlando for a Magic Tourney. There's a lot to reflect in this part of my life, but right now, just the hits.
2. NEWEST SONG: "Tower Siege"
3. RBN SONGS: 2011- The Year Of The Don 2012- The Year Of The Lars 2013- THE YEAR OF THE BASTARD!!!
Sadly, with the RBN system shutting down by 2014, I do not have anymore songs to put on the RBN. Customs, however...
4. HOLY SHIT? I RELEASED AN ALBUM? It was a rough experience, but hell yeah, I made it out alive. Big ups to David Ginn and Jesee Schopher, I'm hitting you guys up first when I find my way back to NY :)
5. MUSIC VIDEOS??? Not quite, but I still kept my presence on YouTube, with videos for "Boston Boom Bringer", "Gang Of Nine" and "Lord I Miss Deadly Premonition"
6. CON GIGS!!! If I do 5 cons in a year, I'll do a little "2014 Tour" but I missed it by THAAAT much... June 2013- Hero Hype Con June 2013- MizuCon August 2013- Anime Festival Orlando September 2013- UmiCon Daytona
It was really great supporting these cons, new and old, and meeting new people, and getting plenty of fans in the process! Hope to see everyone next year.
7. SO WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM YOU IN 2014? -"Status Quo Radio" for sure. I'm meeting a lot of creative people to work with, so hopefully it can be more than that as the time draws nearer. -More music videos! -More songs! -More convention gigs! -I want to be better known this year, and really expand to the point where I'm INVITED to cons, or at least allowed to attend bigger ones.
Samples heavily from "Let It Crawl" by Society's Bag, so I can't put it on NG.
A little rap song dedicated to David Cage called “Fahrenhype”
Since Two Best Friends Play and Supergreatfriend both finished up their LPs of “Indigo Prophecy” at around the same time, I made this.
Music, video games, and random crap!
"Cliffhanger" was my song of choice.
In other news, I'm still working on music and stuff, trying to put my stuff on the Rock Band Network.
So it's down to three for me:
"Cliffhanger"- It's the most complex as far as my guitar playing goes, but I'm not a fan of how it's mixed.
"Hell Yeah"- I'm gonna change with the mixing a bit, then submit it if I do. A lot of the NGADM nominees were all rely a lot on computized instuments, and this one is pretty orchestral.
"Pass The Class"- Mixed the best out of all of them, and it rocks SO HARD, but it's a pretty simple song.